Google, through its unrelenting drive for innovation and improvement in every corner of its business is also pouncing on and producing fascinating people analytics. The latest release from its own analysis and study is in the shape of profiling people’s performance.
One example is the value that exceptional technologists deliver over and above an average technologist. Google calculated the performance differential is as much as 300 times.
Not all of us work in high tech sectors, so what really caught my interest was the data they’d dissected and evaluated on Stellar Managers.
I’m always looking for gold amongst the noise of the HR heavy metal. So when Google dished it straight up on a platter I thought you’d also be interested in knowing about it.
Here are Google analytics on the Traits of a Stellar Manager. In order. Go ahead, check with yourself, your own manager and other managers you work with. In fact, it’s probably a great checklist for employees to use when assessing the hiring manager they could end up working for.
- Be a good coach
- Empower your team and don’t micromanage
- Express interest in your team members’ success and well-being
- Be productive and results oriented
- Be a good communicator and listen to your team
- Help your employees with career development
- Have a clear vision and strategy for the team
- Have the technical skills so you can advise the team
I think it’s gold.
What’s your point of view?
Geoff Slade has worked at the forefront of the Recruitment industry for 50 years. He is the Executive Chairman of Slade Group and was awarded a Centenary Medal for services to the industry.